Monday, August 23, 2010

Felicity Season Two: An Exercise in TRYING To Get Canceled: How Bored Can We Make Our Viewers Before They Stop Viewing?: David Sucks.



I've mentioned before that I am rewatching every episode of the 4 seasons of Felicity on DVD right now. The first season was SO good. I love that season. Felicity is so innocent, wearing those giant heinous sweaters and saying the most embarrassing things to Ben, and then secretly falling in love with Noel. Every episode is hilarious and precious and just so...felicitous.

Cut to the second season...aka, cut my head off. O.M.God. Every time I see Felicity (which is just about every single scene), I make like a Mexican Jumping Bean and lay on the bottom of my plastic cup playing dead while my owner rattles me around and whines, "MOOOOOOMMMM!" This haircut hurts my soul, and it has NOTHING to do with the pixie cut I sported to ring in the new millennium. Really, she just styles it SO badly. I love how the writers sneakily made every character mock her for the stupid thing in the first episode.

But more than that, Season 2 is shitty because it just IS. Hello Felicity - strip off those tight ribbed tank tops and paisley button-downs and replace them with some @%$&()$@##&^ SWEATERS! Break it off with Big-Head McLong-Face and get with Noel, like we all know you want to. Julie, drop the "I'm a hurt girlfriend" act, resume your BFFing with The Feliss, and hop on that Sean love-train. Elena and Meghan, keep being awesome. Noel, good work on YOUR haircut, you look great. Ben, hottie mc-amazing whaaaaaat, you just stand there silently in that leather jacket while I go get you a wheelbarrow for your Emmy's.

Also, Felicity's head is just SO small. How laughable is it when she's making out with Big-Head David? That's another reason she needs her hair back - to disguise the concord grape she's been using as a skull.

No comments:

Post a Comment